Disney Family Movies’ Very Merry Trivia Tuesdays 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND
POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Description: The Disney Family Movies’ Very Merry Trivia Tuesdays (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of four (4) separate individual sweepstakes with one (1) trivia question per game day between the hours of 1:00 p.m. ET and 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesdays only (“Game Day(s)”) during the Sweepstakes Period (each a “Daily Sweepstakes”). Players will be invited to answer a movie related “Trivia Question” for a chance to win a $100 Disney Gift Card prize. Players will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Daily Sweepstakes drawing for a given Game Day if the answer submitted is correct. Two (2) prizes will be awarded for each Game Day selected from all correct answers submitted. The last Daily Sweepstakes ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 19, 2017. For all purposes of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock and all times refer to ET. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to persons who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S., the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are currently physically located therein, and who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Players must have a valid Social Security number. If a player is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering the Sweepstakes or submitting any personally identifiable information. A minor is defined as a resident of Alabama or Nebraska who is under nineteen (19) years of age, a resident of Mississippi who is under twenty-one (21) years of age or anyone who is under the age of eighteen (18) in the remaining forty-seven (47) states (“Minor”). Employees of Buena Vista Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), The Walt Disney Company, Disney–ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, or parent) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: On Game Days, players are invited to access one (1) of the following Disney Family Movies’ websites located at com/DisneyFamilyMovies or DisneyFamilyMovies.dadt.com (“Websites”); and click on the Sweepstakes tab which will open the Sweepstakes landing page containing the Trivia Question along with multiple choice answer options. Players can submit their “Answer” and the following information on the entry form: first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, email address, and date of birth (“Entry Information”). Once the Entry Information is submitted, players who chose the correct Answer to the Trivia Question for that Game Day will receive one (1) entry into that particular Daily Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Players will only have one (1) chance to answer each Game Day’s Trivia Question. There is no fee to play. All required Entry Information must be completed in full, be accurate and valid. The Entry Information must match the information of the player that completed the act of physically entering a Daily Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Trivia Game Answer/Entry per person/per email address/per Game Day during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Game Day’s Entry containing a correct Answer must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET that same day. Entries for the last Daily Sweepstakes must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on December 19, 2017. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. Any attempt by a player to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, accounts, logins or any other methods (including, but not limited to, commercial sweepstakes subscription, notification and/or entering services), will void that player’s Entries and that player may be disqualified. The information players provide will only be used for the reasons described in these Official Rules. Players can only participate in the Sweepstakes under one email address and Facebook Account. Once an email address has been submitted by a player that email address or user ID cannot be used by any other person at the Websites. Only the player entering under a particular email address and who physically completed his/her Answer submission/Entry(s) may participate in the Sweepstakes. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of Entry. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If a player opts to enter from his/her Facebook account, he/she must understand that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and Facebook is completely released of all liability by each player in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor has no affiliation with Facebook and no responsibility for (or control of) any matters relating to Facebook or Facebook accounts. Each player understands he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. If a player uses a mobile device to obtain an Entry, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply to the Entry and all other mobile communications, including but not limited to additional Entries (if applicable), sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes (contact applicable carrier for pricing plans and details). This charge may be billed on each player’s wireless bill or deducted from each player’s prepaid balance. Please use care and do not drive while entering the Sweepstakes. THE WEBSITES MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE FROM ALL MOBILE PHONES, HANDHELD DEVICES, AND/OR TABLETS. IF A PLAYER EXPERIENCES ANY ISSUES ENTERING, HE/SHE SHOULD ACCESS ONE (1) OF THE WEBSITES AND ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER (RUNNING THE LATEST OPERATING SOFTWARE AND WEB BROWSER).
- Prizes/Odds of Winning: Eight (8) prizes will be awarded (two (2) per Game Day). Each winner will receive one (1) $100 Disney Gift Card (“Prize”). The Disney Gift Card can be used at participating locations at the Disneyland® Resort, Walt Disney World ® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store locations in the U.S., and at DisneyStore.com. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $100. Total ARV of all Prizes for each Daily Sweepstakes: $200. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries with the correct Answer received during the applicable Game Day during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) Prize per person/per household. The terms and conditions of the Disney Gift Card are available at https://www.DisneyGiftCard.com/Terms. Disney Gift Card redemption options can be found at: https://www.DisneyGiftCard.com/ProductInformation/WhereToUse. Disney Gift Cards cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and are subject to stated terms and conditions. No transfer or substitution of the Prize. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of a Prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are each winner’s sole responsibility. Prize(s) and Prize notifications will only be mailed/shipped to street addresses in the U.S. (including D.C.). Any depiction of the Prize in Sweepstakes materials (or otherwise) are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or the award of any Prize(s) will be the sole responsibility of each winner. If a winner is a resident of a state that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. Final eligibility for the award of any Prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Official Rules.
- Drawing and Notification of the Winners: Potential winners will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received in a series of drawings to be held on or about two (2) business days after each Game Day (“Drawing Date(s)”) by Sponsor’s designee. Non-winning eligible Entries will not be retained and entered into subsequent Daily Sweepstakes. Each potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) will be notified by email (from the information provided in his/her Entry) on or about two (2) business days after the applicable drawing, and he/she will be required to provide additional contact information and confirm his/her shipping address within three (3) business days of receipt of the email. If a potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) does not respond within three (3) business days; he/she is found to be ineligible; if his/her Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or he/she does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by methods other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, bot or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, dropped, inaccessible, corrupted, jumbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such Entries will be disqualified. By submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, each player agrees and releases Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agencies, officers, directors, and employees or any other company or person(s) providing the Prizes from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the Prizes awarded and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (including without limitation any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death)human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; Websites incompatibility with mobile, hand-held or tablet devices; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of a Prize awarded herein; typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; ambiguous Trivia Questions and/or disputes over Answers to them; fraudulent (including unauthorized) gift card uses made with lost, stolen, misplaced, or misappropriated Gift Cards, incomplete (including inaccurate) Gift Card database information and canceled Gift Card uses; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Websites (or Sponsor’s inability to access content on the Websites), the Entry form,, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to a player’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; any technical or mechanical error when posting/uploading Trivia Questions to the Websites; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, defects, or elements of the Sweepstakes or any other errors or malfunctions even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (i) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any entity or any of their agents, servants, employees, Prize suppliers (if applicable) or independent contractors; (ii) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor; or (iii) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Players hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a Prize. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, strike, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of the Prizes, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California. before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the player or players bringing forth the controversy or claim, which to the extent permissible must be brought individually and not as part of a class/group (collectively, the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Player agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Each player further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event will players be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and, under no circumstances, will a player be entitled to awards. Player hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- Official Rules/Winners List: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Disney Family Movies’ Very Merry Trivia Tuesdays Sweepstakes “Rules” or “Winners” (specify which), P.O. Box 6452, Burbank, CA 91510. The Official Rules will be posted at: dadt.com/offers-sweepstakes/very-merry-trivia-tuesdays/. The Winners List will be available after December 19, 2017 and the winners may be announced on the Websites. All requests must be received by February 19, 2018.
- Sponsor: Buena Vista Television, LLC, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-0224.
©2017-2018 ESG. These Official Rules may only be copied for personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.